It's a great feeling, when you know you can do something that you've never done before and you're just excited to try something new. So for dinner I made catfish fillets with roasted potatoes and asparagus, (I've never cooked catfish before).
And for dessert I made a Pumpkin Cheesecake with Maple Pecan Topping. And yes, it IS as rich as it sounds. Once you get past the sugar shock, the pumpkin and maple taste together are a delightful swirl in your mouth. The hardest part of the cheesecake was making the Graham Cracker crust- I don't know why I decided to use a mortal and pestol to crunch up every single graham cracker until it was tiny perfection, but it sure was fun! And also tedious.
|Pumpking Cheesecake w/ Maple Pecan Topping|
I never knew that someday I would love cooking/baking as much as my mother does. I am my mother's child, and I love it. Now if I could only be a gardener...
Maple Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Maple Pecan Glaze:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken. Cool 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
5. To serve, spoon some Maple Pecan Sauce over cheesecake.
6. Maple Pecan Glaze: In medium-sized saucepan, combine whipping cream and pure maple syrup; bring to a boil. Boil rapidly 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened; stir occasionally. Stir in chopped pecans. Cover and chill until served. Stir before serving.