Friday, November 12, 2010

Birthdays

It's always been my personal tradition- that when someone has a birthday you make sure they have a cake. I mean- come on, who doesn't want to have a cake on their birthday? Ok, so maybe you don't want to eat it, but doesn't it just feel good to know that someone went to the trouble of buying you/making you a cake?

My point exactly.              Exhibit A:

Triple Layered Chocolate Cake

 I made this cake for my boyfriend's really good friend Calvin. His birthday was last Thursday. This was the first time I've made a chocolate cake from scratch- and it turned out pretty dang good, if I may add. Also, this chocolate cake is three layers- THREE. It was so huge, and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be to layer them up just so. For only having an hour and a half to create this, I'd say the icing (presentation) was probably the only place I'd lose points.

I'm not joking when I tell you this. 20 minutes after I had finished icing the cake and we were in transit on the way to give it to Calvin, my boyfriend turns to me, laughs and says, "I don't think Calvin likes chocolate."

Happy Birthday, Calvin.

No comments:

Post a Comment