Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Breakfast = Most Important Meal

Michael Bluth: What's most important in life?
George Michael Bluth: Breakfast.
Michael Bluth: Family.
George Michael Bluth: Right. I thought you meant in the things you eat.


Breakfast is the "most important meal of the day," or at least that's what we've always been told, right? Besides, Momma makes fabulous breakfast.

Here's why breakfast is the best:
1) It gives your metabolism a boost. (Hi weight loss!) Think about it. Your body has been in starvation mode during 6-8 hours of sleeping. Not eating for an extended period of time causes your metabolism to plummet, (which is why people may feel sluggish).

2) Eating a good breakfast will keep you from over eating later- because your body has probably already started giving you signals of "Hey, I'm hungry" with headaches, nausea, or dizzy spells when you stand up too quickly.

3) Our body runs on glucose, and you get that from FOOD. So eat, be merry.

4) Also, breakfast is the BEST. Are you kidding me? Biscuits, Gravy, Sausage or my fav Turkey Sausage, Hashbrowns, Eggs, Bananas, English Muffins, Pancakes! The list goes on and on..

I made Tiny French Toast for Sunday Morning Breakfast!
I also made pancakes, but I accidentally goofed up the recipe... that's why they aren't pictured. *wah wah* It's also why you should never "wing" a recipe unless you really know what you're doing.

 And just because I love Arrested Development so much...

George Michael Bluth: Don't you always say "family first"?
Michael: Yes, I do. But that is not a family. Okay? They're a bunch of greedy, selfish people who have our nose. And Aunt Lindsay.
George Michael Bluth: She's not my real aunt?
Michael: Not her real nose. Got a picture of her when she was 14 in a swimming cap. She looks like a falcon.
-Quotes from Arrested Development, Season 1. Thanks IMDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment